Thursday, September 17, 2009

3rd Life

I cried out 2 him, he must not have listened.
My heart, I cut out 4 him.
Now, my heart beats 4 his mistress.
When in that moment, as I numbered & counted my last breaths--he gave me his.
God must have wanted me 2 get a 2nd chance & because of them, I averted death.

In my 1st life, my heart sang melodies.
The 2nd, beat their names.
They played the same game, at the time, on opposing sides.
My 4 chambers were evenly divided--2 in death, 2 in life, 4 ~1 knight traded his 4 mine.
No more was he around 2 receive my love, so I chose the other side.

With this 2nd life, I didn't do much; it sucked.
But the sequel often does.
From the beginning it was clear 2 me, that fate hath laid a path be4 me.
It seemed an impossible feat 4 my feet 2 trudge begrudgingly.
I gave my love 2 another & didn't allow myself 2 fall completely.

Time past & this love proved not 2 last.
Many memories we made, he comforted me, we laughed.
We shared our dreams with each other & embarked on our journey 2gether.
I was 'his', just as he was 'my' lover.
Although, I could sense it then, him swaying 2wards another--1 much darker & stronger.

This darkness, more & more, it consumed him.
It ate away our relationship, completely crumbling its breaking foundation.
Remembering him, I then ran 2 my living angel.
Destiny almost took him from me 2.
Consumed with guilt, I wasn't about 2 let him slip away from me without thanking him properly, like I should have so long ago.

Compelled 2 get 2 him & 'through' 2 him, my sanity was overthrown.
My desire took hold, burning within me 'A Blaze'!
Reigniting an old passion as a phoenix is reborn from the flames.
Silently, I could hear him cry, 'Where were you when I needed 'you' by my side?!'.
2 my face he said nothing, just turned away.

The ever-present beating of his name wouldn't cease, 2 give me even a moment's peace!
I'll admit that part of me just wanted it 2 go away, as I cut out my heart & served it 2 my king on a silver plate.
In my 1st life, my heart sang melodies & in the 2nd, beat their names.
In this 3rd try, it does not sing, nor does it beat a name, but instead weeps poetry.
The dried up tears you see be4 you, bled upon a page~

No comments:

Post a Comment